MICRO-OXYGENATION IN WINEMAKING
The term micro-oxigenation refers to the addition of oxygen. Micro-oxygenation is used mostly in red wines production.
in this process, a very small measure of oxygen will be applied to the wine, over a long period of time (0.50 - 6 mg per
liter wine per month). This amount serves to equal the amount of oxygen the wine would have absorbed if kept in a wooden barrel.
The purpose of this process in colour stabilization and quickening of the tannin polymerisation. The wine produced will be softer and rounder.
Microdue Plus - Characteristics
- Delicate volumetric dispensing
- 6 independent dispensing points
- Set up of the dispensing scale in mL/L/hour, mL/L/day, mL/L/month
- Pre set of duration for each dispensing point
- Patented output system
- Portable device
- Accessible and sanitizable ceramic cartridges with defined micrometer features
- Dispensing rods for use during maceration or in autoclaves
- Intuitive touch-screen display on a multilingual panel
- Possibility to check the oxygen levels at each point
- Possibility to carry out micro-and macro-oxygenation in small tanks
- Can be used in small tanks or autoclaves
- Can also be used as a macro-oxygenator (optional)