FRENCH OAK & AMERICAN OAK - CHIPS & GRANULATES
- Oakscan® selection of wood with moderate level of ellagitannins, for a maximum aromatic expression ans sweetness without any excess in structure
- Varied and typical aromatic profiles depending on the origin of the wood and the type of toast, volume and sweetness on the palate
- 2 sizes: granulates for vinification, chips for aging.
- Toasting levels: Medium, Medium Plus
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red wines: While putting the harvested grapes in tank for granulates. Chips, before malolactic fermentation for a more complex aromatic profile and a maximum integration of the tannic structure, or at beginning of aging.
Recommended aging temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the bags be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps.
Recommended time of contact
Minimum 2 weeks for granulates, minimum 1 month for chips, to be monitored by tasting.
TASTING RESULTS - FRENCH OAK
Results of trials carried out on a blend of Sangiovese 2014 (Italy), using French Oak Medium Toast chips in the aging phase with a dose rate of 3g/L, leaving them in contact with the wine for 6 months.