STAVES: NEKTAR STICKS
TO REFRESH THE OAK PROFILE OF YOUR OLD BARRELS
- A tool to place in your barrels to extend the time of their use
- A more intense and pleasing aromatic oak profile, masking the « old wood » notes
- Contribution of sweetness and volume on the palate, covering the dry tannins generated by the old barrels
- Toasting level: Medium, Medium plus
- Size: 234 x 21 x 7 mm (9,25" x 0,87" x 0,28")
- Set of 24 sticks
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red Wines: As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for better integration of the aromatic oak profile and of the tannic structure..
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
Insert into the barrel through the bung hole of the barrel.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 4 months, to be monitored by tasting
Recommended dose rates
1 set of sticks for a 225/228 liter barrel.