STAVES: NEKTAR STICKS
TO REFRESH THE OAK PROFILE OF YOUR OLD BARRELS
- A tool to place in your barrels to extend the time of their use
- A more intense and pleasing aromatic oak profile, masking the « old wood » notes
- Contribution of sweetness and volume on the palate, covering the dry tannins generated by the old barrels
- Toasting level: Extended light, Medium, Medium plus (french oak), Specific (American oak)
- Size: 332 x 32 x 17 mm (13.07” x 1.26” x 0.67”)
- Set of 3 sticks assembled in a mesh bag, separated by stainless steel staples to ensure flexibility and articulation, and to prevent the sticks from overlapping. The mesh bag will facilitate the implementation and the extraction from the barrel.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red Wines: As soon as the wines are put in the barrel for better integration of the aromatic oak profile and of the tannic structure..
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
Insert into the barrel through the bung hole after making space: 1 set of sticks represents approx. 0.6 liters (0.16 gallons).
One stainless steel ring is incorporated at each extremity, easy to open and close. This will allow to bind as many Nektar Sticks as required, in order to create a chain with personalized blend and dosage of oak.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 8 months, to be monitored by tasting
Recommended dose rates
Please contact us.