STAVES: NEKTAR ESSENTIELLE
GENEROUS, MODERN OAK PROFILES
- French oak or American oak staves
- Aromatic intensity, complexity, combining toasts and wood origins
- Structure and sweetness on the palate
- Toasting level: Medium, Medium plus
- Size: 960 x 47 x 7 mm (37,8" x 1,85" x 0,28")
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red Wines: Before malolactic fermentation to obtain a more complex aromatic profile and maximum integration of the tannic structure, or at the beginning of aging.
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the staves be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps, or to stack them on stainless steel rods.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 4 months, to be monitored by tasting
Results of trials carried out on a blend of Merlot / Cabernet Sauvignon (Languedoc, France), using Nektar Essentielle French oak Medium Plus in aging phase with a dose rate of 2,8 stave/hL, leaving them in contact for 5,5 months.