STAVES: NEKTAR XL
LARGE DIMENSION STAVE - AGING OVER A LONG PERIOD
- Wide, thick French oak staves
- Complex aromatic contribution while respecting the fruit
- Power, volume and sweetness on the palate
- Oak profile respecting the fruit, with elegance and complexity
- Toasting level: Light, Medium, Medium Plus
- Size: 960 x 65 x 12 mm (37,8" x 2,56" x 0,51")
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and to respect the expression of the fruit.
- Red Wines: Before malolactic fermentation to obtain a more complex aromatic profile and maximum integration of the tannic structure.
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the staves be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps, or to stack them on stainless steel rods.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 6 months, to be monitored by tasting
Results of trials carried out on a blend of Tannat / Cabernet Sauvignon / Cabernet Franc (South West France, 2009), using Nektar XL in aging phase with a dose rate of 1,3 staves/hL, leaving them in contact for 7 months.