STAVES: NEKTAR BLOCKS
A PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE TO STAVES, FAST ACTING AND QUALITATIVE
- Blocks in mesh bags for quick, practical and qualitative aging
- Elegant and complex contribution of aromas, respect of the fruit
- Contribution of structure on the palate, volume, sweetness and persistency
- Toasting level: Extended Light, Medium, Medium plus
- Size: 47 x 47 x 17 mm (1,85" x 1,85" x 0,67")
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red Wines: At start of primary fermentation to obtain maximum respect of the fruit profile or before malolactic fermentation for a more complex aromatic profile. In both cases maximum integration of the tannic structure will be obtained.
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the bags be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 3 months, to be monitored by tasting
Results of trials carried out on a blend of Syrah and Grenache (Vallée du Rhône, France, 2014), using Nektar Blocks Medium Plus in aging phase with a dose rate of 3,5 g/hL, leaving them in contact for 3,5 months.