STAVES: NEKTAR EXCLUSIVE
THE SUPER PREMIUM STAVE - DEDICATED TO THE AGING OF TOP OF THE RANGE WINES
- Very thick French oak staves to obtain a very gradual extraction of oak compounds
- Elegant and complex aromatic contribution, respecting the fruit and the terroir
- Toasting level: Extended Light, Medium, Medium plus
- Size: 960 x 47 x 17 mm (37,8" x 1,85" x 0,67")
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
Optimal period for starting contact
- White wines: From start of primary fermentation to obtain a well-integrated oak profile and respect the profile of the fruit.
- Red Wines: Before malolactic fermentation to obtain a more complex aromatic profile and maximum integration of the tannic structure.
Recommended aging Temperature
15°C (60°F) minimum with strict monitoring of microbiological conditions.
It is recommended that the staves be attached halfway up the tank, using food-grade binding straps, or to stack them on stainless steel rods.
Recommended Time of contact
Minimum 8 months, to be monitored by tasting
Results of trials carried out on Cabernet Sauvignon (Bordeaux, 2014), using Nektar Exclusive Medium in aging phase with a dose rate of 1,5 staves/hL, leaving them in contact for 10 months.